I know the Emery Dress pattern isn't even out yet, but I wanted to share the schedule for the upcoming sew-along with you all so you can start planning! In addition to both View A and View B, I will also be showing a skirt, collar, and sleeveless variation. That way all the information is housed on the blog so if you cannot follow along at the time, it will all be there when you're ready!
Haven't ordered your Emery Dress yet? Now is the time to do so you will have it in time for the sew-along!
Here is the schedule:
- October 21–inspiration and planning
- October 23–shopping for fabric and notions
- October 28–fabric and interfacing prep
- October 30–muslin sewing
- November 4–full bust adjustment
- November 5–small bust adjustment
- November 6–wide shoulder adjustment
- November 7–small shoulder adjustment
- November 11–sewing the bodice and bodice lining
- November 14–the collar
- November 15–alternate Peter Pan collar
- November 18–gathered skirt and in-seam pockets
- November 19–alternate pleated skirt
- November 25–invisible zipper
- November 28–sewing the lining
- December 2–set-in sleeves
- December 3–alternate sleeveless option
- December 5–hemming and the bow
- December 16–Emery parade!!!
I know that this is a slightly longer schedule that the usual sew-alongs, but I really wanted to break it down at a pace that you could actually do along with me! I think this pace is plenty quick as it is!
Want a badge? Here you go! Pick your size, pick view A or B, and post on your blog! The image can be linked to all the Emery Dress sew-along posts by using this link:
300 x 300
250 x 250
150 x 150
I hope you're all excited! I totally am, as this is my first ever sew-along! I know it will be a lot of work, but I am super excited to guide you all through the sewing of your Emery Dresses, just in time for the holidays!