As you might have already heard, I am in the process of moving from Los Angeles to New York City this year! After all the drama and sadness of the last year and a half, I'm so excited to move on with my life and am thrilled to call New York my future home!
But, if you know anything about New York, you might suspect that my square footage is likely going to be really tiny! After 13 years in LA, I have built a rather sizable studio space, but most of it must go! So I'm teaming up with my friend Robert Mahar, and we are hosting a joint studio sale! It will take place on Saturday, March 4 from 3–7pm at The Party Gallery, 5522 West Pico Boulevard.
I have sorted through all my studio supplies, which includes tons of sewing things, but also a lot of other art making and knitting supplies too! Everything will be priced TO GO (cash & credit will be accepted), and here's a sampling of what will be for sale:
- TONS of patterns! - vintage, new, big 4, & indie patterns too!
- TONS of fabric! - lots of quilting fabrics, garment weight fabrics, some vintage, & some designer!
- Sewing machines - a lovely vintage Bernina, a Viking, and possibly others
- Gocco Printing Set! - complete, still in the box, original Gocco with bulbs, ink, & more
- Camera equipment - a few vintage Polaroid cameras and camera accessories
- A table top light box - great for looking at slides or tracing patterns
- Cutting mats - big and small!
- TONS of notions, both new & vintage! - buttons, hooks & eyes, thread, trims, ribbons, zippers, and so much more!
- Sewing tools - scissors, rotary cutters, rulers, and tons more!
- TONS of art & crafting supplies! - beads, sequins, glue, styrofoam balls, colored pencils, screenprinting ink, lino cutting tools & supplies, xacto knives, vintage fabric flowers, paper crafting supplies, vintage postcards, photo corners, embroidery hoops, embroidery floss, and so so much more!
- Studio furniture & storage - small storage cabinets, lights, folding industrial garment rack, & thread storage bins
- Knitting supplies - yarn, knitting needles, crochet hooks, & vintage knitting patterns
- TONS of books! - patternmaking, fashion, sewing, & knitting books!
- Samples! - nearly all the samples from our website, plus others in a range of sizes, will be available to buy!
- Plus, all of Robert's crafting supplies and goodies!!!
Also, I have a case of my first book, Chic & Simple Sewing (that is currently out of print) to sell. These are all a tiny bit scratched and dented, so I don't feel great selling them on my site at full price, but if you'd like to pick this book up at a crazy cheap price, this is probably the last chance to pick it up anywhere. I'll even sign it for you if you like!
And lastly, I have a big box of screenprinted totes that I had made for a craft fair ages ago that I'll be giving away with purchases! Buy anything and I'll give it to you in one of these totes that will never be made again.
So, join us to help me empty the studio and pick up something for yourself! I'm not sure how many future LA events/classes I'll be hosting, so even if you just want to come by and say hi, please do! I hope to see lots of you there!!!