I am so honored to have been asked back to Camp Workroom Social. Well, I’m not going back again, because you might recall that I had to cancel my participation at the very last second this past October due to some personal news. I missed out on what looked like an amazing experience. But thankfully, they have asked me to come and teach this year, so we can all have a do over!
Last year I was scheduled to teach my Emery Dress pattern, which went on as scheduled thanks to the lovely Kristiann of Victory Patterns. This year I am super excited to announce that I am teaching a Jacket Making class! But Christine, you don’t have a jacket pattern? Well, not yet…!!! Yep, the cat is being let out of the bag a wee bit early on this one! I can formally announce that I am in the midst of a jacket/coat pattern, and though it isn’t released yet, I am already booked to teach it at this year’s camp!
Not only am I excited, but the campers are too! When registration opened, my class nearly sold out immediately! I’m so honored, since this pattern isn’t even out yet! Luckily organizer Jennifer reserved THREE spots, which she saved for me to offer to you all.
If you go to the Camp Workroom Social website, my class is listed as sold out. However, there are THREE SPOTS SAVED, just for all of you! You can only get to them through THIS LINK, where you can pay your deposit to reserve your spot. Considering all but three spots sold out in the first day of registration, I would not wait if you are interested in coming! I have a feeling that they will go really fast.
Want to know more? Here is all the “official” text about camp, your payment, and more! I can't wait to see you all at this year's camp! We're going to have the best time ever.
Camp Workroom Social
When: October 14-17, 2016
Where: Frost Valley YMCA located on over 5,000 acres in the heart of the Catskill Mountains, just 2.5 hours north of New York City
All campers receive the following with registration:
- Roundtrip shuttle bus service from New York City (Midtown).
- Cabin style lodging with shared rooms of 4-6 campers in single bunked beds.
- All meals served in the Camp Dining Hall from dinner Friday night through lunch Monday afternoon (we will happily accommodate food allergies).
- Sewing machine for sewing courses (for use during the weekend, but if you prefer to bring your own, you are welcome to).
- Sewing patterns and Class Guides.
- One two-day intensive sewing course (tools and supplies not included).
- One class in knitting.
- Camp activities which may include crafts, hiking, rock climbing, ziplining, karaoke, and a me-made fashion show!
- Camper gift bag.
* Cancellation policy: Refunds are not issued after payment is submitted. Camp fees, including pay-in-full registration, deposits, and installment payments are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
**Class transfer policy: Class transfers are not permitted.
***Please see our complete list of policies before you register for Camp.
Jacket Making with Christine Haynes of Christine Haynes Patterns
Start your adventures sewing outerwear by making a fully lined overcoat that will help you transition from fall to winter. Campers in our Jacket Making Intensive will make Christine Haynes’s not-yet-released jacket pattern in this course. Learn right from the designer! Christine will show all the steps necessary to construct a jacket that looks professionally made.
In this sewing intensive, you will learn...
- How to install a jacket lining.
- How to install a jacket collar.
- How to make buttonholes.
- How to topstitch accurately.
- How to use interfacing correctly to shape a jacket.
- General tips and tricks for making outerwear that can be applied to other projects.
You will receive Christine Haynes’s jacket pattern in the course. Campers are responsible for purchasing and bringing their own tools and supplies to Camp.
This course is perfect for campers who are nervous to try sewing outerwear on their own or for campers who want to learn sewing techniques used by professional designers and sewers.
This is an intermediate level course, and you will need the following skills to be successful in the intensive...
- Must know how to operate and troubleshoot a sewing machine.
- Must know how to sew straight and curved seams.
- A general understanding of sewing patterns.
- Basic garment construction experience.
Are you an absolute beginner? If you are committed to learning garment construction before Camp, we encourage you to register for this course. In fact, we’ve developed an at-home sewing training to help you prepare for your sewing intensive. Want more details about our at-home training? Contact us for info.
Not sure if our classes are right for your skill level? Email us! We are excited to talk Camp with you.
Secure your spot at Camp for only a $300 deposit. (Please be sure to read our Camp Policies before you register. When you register, you agree to our policies and regulations. If you have questions about our policies, reply to this email. I'm happy to help!)
Once you are registered, you can choose how you want to submit the remaining balance. You can either...
- make a one-time payment of $595 (total fee of $895) by February 15, 2016 or
- make (2) additional installment payments of $340 by March 15, 2016 and June 15, 2016 (total fee of $980).